Atticus Finch is a white Maycomb attorney and defended an African American man against rape charges. He is the father of Jem and Scout. Jeremy Atticus Finch “Jem” is Scouts brother and his best friend is Dill. He looks out for his sister. His mother died when he was young and is bothered by what people say to about his Dad. Jean Louise “Scout” is a tomboy and hangs out with her brother most of the time and Dill in the summers. Dill is Jem and Scout’s best friend who visits Maycomb every summer and stays with his aunt Rachel. Calpurnia is the Finch family’s housekeeper. The family loves her. Arthur Radley “Boo”is never seen by people in the town and the kids try to get to see him. He left presents in the tree for Jem and Scout until it was sealed up. The first time they met him was when he came to protect them from Bob Ewell. Miss Maude Atkinson”Maudie” lives across the street from the Finch family. She is nice to Jem and Scout.
Bob Ewell is man who drinks a lot and his daughter accused Tom of rape. He tried to kill Jem and Scout. Mayella Ewell is the daughter of Bob Ewell that accused Tom of rape. Tom Robinson is the black man Atticus defends when he is accused of raping Mayella who is white. Aunt Alexandria is Jem and Scouts Aunt, Atticus’ sister. She doesn’t like that Scout is a tomboy but does care about her and Jem. Uncle Jack is Atticus’ brother.
The kids like him and he is a doctor. Stephanie Crawford is neighbor that gossips and says that saw Boo Radley outside from her window. Mrs. Dubose is an elderly woman who the kids hate. She yells mean things at Jem and Scot from her porch as they go by. Heck Tate is the Town’s police officer. He found the body of Bob Ewell and claimed he fell on his knife to help Boo Radley.
2. Haper Lee, Little town in Alabama back in 1960
3. 4. She did not have a good experience at school because she could already read and her teacher wanted her to learn it in a certain way.
5. To live life with their point of view.
6. He left gum, soap dolls, a medal and a broken watch. It meant he loves the kids.
7. They are Baptists that perform footwashing ceremonies and are very religious
8. 9. The town thinks he is a monster. The kids thought he was scary but they liked him and met him when he protected them from Bob Ewell.
10. 11. It was not good, she had bruises after her Dad thought she liked Tom.
12. He leaves stuff in the tree until it was sealed. He gave them their lives by protecting them from Bob Ewell.